Leila Giannetto is a researcher at FIERI and she has worked with IOM as consultant and with Euricse as research fellow. She obtained her Ph.D. from the University of Trento in 2018 with a thesis titled “More than consultation. Civil society organisations mainstreaming fundamental rights in EU border management policies: the case of Frontex and its Consultative Forum”. Her research interests are on Frontex and fundamental rights, on civil society organisations’ role in the governance of EU border management and asylum, and on the reception and integration of refugees and asylum seekers in EU member states and in remote areas.
Leila Giannetto è ricercatrice presso Fieri e ha collaborato con IOM come consulete e con Euricse come research fellow. Ha conseguito il dottorato di ricerca presso l’Università di TRENTO con una tesi intitolata “More than consultation. Civil society organisations mainstreaming fundamental rights in EU border management policies: the case of Frontex and its Consultative Forum”. I suoi interessi di ricerca includono: Frontex e i diritti umani alle frontiere dell’UE, il ruolo delle organizzazioni della società civile nella gestione delle frontiere e dei sistemi di asilo, l’accoglienza e l’integrazione di richiedenti asilo e rifugiati in Italia, Europa e nelle aree remote.
- Del Biaggio, C., Giannetto, L. and Noûs, C. (eds.) (2020), “Refugees and mountains”, Journal of Alpine Research/Revue de Géographie Alpine, 108(2). https://doi.org/10.4000/rga.6886
- Giannetto, L. (2020), “CSOs and EU Border Management: Cooperation or Resistance? The Case of Frontex Consultative Forum”, American Behavioral Scientist, 64(4), 501–524. https://doi.org/10.1177/0002764219882988
- Caponio, T., Giannetto, L. and Ponzo, I. (2019), ‘Comparative report on the multilevel governance of the national asylum seekers’ reception systems’, CEASEVAL research on the Common European Asylum System, http://ceaseval.eu/publications/24_WP3_Comparative%2520Report.pdf
- Giannetto, L. (2019), “Lobbying EU Agencies from Within: Advocacy Groups in Frontex Consultative Forum on Fundamental Rights”, in Dialer, D. and Richter, M. (eds.), Lobbying in the European Union. Strategies, Dynamics and Trends, Springer, Ch. 12, pp. 165-184, https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-98800-9_12
- Galera, G., Giannetto, L., Membretti, A. and Noya, A. (2018), “Integration of Migrants, Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Remote Areas with Declining Populations”, OECD Local Economic and Employment Development (LEED) Working Papers, No. 2018/03, OECD Publishing, Paris, https://doi.org/10.1787/84043b2a-en.