Claudia Villosio is research manager at Collegio Carlo Alberto, senior researcher at LABORatorio R. Revelli – Centre for Employment Studies (Turin, Italy) and research associate of FIERI. She holds a university degree in Economics from the University of Turin and a master degree in Economics from Coripe Piemonte.
She has worked for about 20 years on labour economics related projects, dealing especially with labour migration and assimilation, economics of ageing and gender studies. She participated to different national and international research projects, also as project co-ordinator, funded, among others, by the European Commission (H2020, Erasmus+, FP7, DG EMPL, …), by EUROFOUND, by EIGE and by the Italian Ministry of Labour and Welfare Policies.
Her works have been published on different books and on national and international peer-reviewed journals such as Journal of Labour Economics, Regional Studies, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, European Journal of Ageing, International Labour Review, Journal of Labor Research.
Claudia Villosio è research manager del Collegio Carlo Alberto, senior researcher del LABORatorio R. Revelli – Centre for Employment Studies e research associate di FIERI. Laureata in Economia e Commercio ha conseguito il Master in Economia del CORIPE.
Specializzata in analisi empiriche su temi di economia del lavoro, si è occupata principalmente di analisi relative alle conseguenze economiche delle migrazioni in Italia, di economia dell’invecchiamento e di studi di genere. Ha partecipato e coordinato diversi progetti di ricerca internazionali e nazionali, finanziati, tra gli altri, dalla Commissione Europea (H2020, Erasmus+, FP7, DG EMPL,…) da Eurofound, da EIGE e dal Ministero del Lavoro.
I suoi lavori sono stati pubblicati su diverse riviste accademiche tra cui Journal of Labour Economics, Regional Studies, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, European Journal of Ageing, International Labour Review, Journal of Labor Research.
- “Wage assimilation of immigrants and internal migrants: the role of linguistic distance”, with S. Strom, D. Piazzalunga and A. Venturini (2018), Regional Studies, Vol.52, N. 10, pp1423-1434
- “Are migrants an asset in recession? Insights from Italy”, with A. Venturini (2018), Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, Vol. 44, N. 14, pp 2340-2357
- “Who migrates and Why? Evidence from Italian Administrative Data”, with M. Wagner and C. Bartolucci (2018), Journal of Labour Economics, Vol. 36, N. 2, pp 551-588
- “Low-Paid but Satisfied? How Immigrant and Ethnic Minority Workers in Low-Wage Jobs Make Sense of Their Wages”, with Markova E.L., Sardadvar K., Poggi A. in Holtgrewe U., Kirov V., Ramioul M. (eds.) (2015), “Hard work in new jobs. The quality of work and life in European growth sectors”. Houndmills (Palgrave Macmillan)
- “Subjective Well-Being at the Workplace”, with Poggi A. in Holtgrewe U., Kirov V., Ramioul M. (eds.) (2015), “Hard work in new jobs. The quality of work and life in European growth sectors”. Houndmills (Palgrave Macmillan)
- “Material Well-Being and Job Quality: Some Descriptive Statistics”, with Bizzotto G. e Poggi A. in Holtgrewe U., Kirov V., Ramioul M. (eds.) (2015), “Hard work in new jobs. The quality of work and life in European growth sectors”. Houndmills (Palgrave Macmillan)
- “Training and Wages of Older Workers in Europe”, with M. Belloni (2015), European Journal of Ageing , Vol. 12, N. 1, pp 7-16
- “Labor Market Penalties for Mothers in Italy”, with L. Pacelli and S. Pasqua (2013), Journal of Labor Research, , Vol. 34 N.4, 2013, pp 408-432
- “L’Italia e l’immigrazione “low cost”: fine di un ciclo?”, with F. Pastore and E. Salis (2013), Mondi Migranti, n.1/2013 (19)
- “Nevertheless Attracting…Italy and Immigration in Times of Crisis “,with F. Pastore (2012), in H. Duncan, J. Nieuwenhuysen and S. Neerup (eds.), International Migration in Uncertain Times, McGill-Queen’s University Press, 2012 pp. 109-128
- “Have Labour Market Reforms at the Turn of the Millennium Changed the Job and Employment Durations of New Entrants? A Comparative Study for Germany and Italy”, with Giannelli G. and Jaenichen U. (2012), Journal of Labor Research, Vol. 33 N.2, 2012, pp 143-172
- “Skilled and Unskilled Wage Dynamics in Italy in the ‘90s: Changes in the Individual Characteristics, Institutions, Trade and Technology”, with Falzoni A.M., Venturini A. (2011), International Review of Applied Economics, Vol. 25, No. 4, July 2011, pp. 441–463
- “What makes a good candidate? The preferences of HR Managers about new graduated job-seekers” (2010), Giornale degli Economisti , Vol. 69 – n.3 December 2010
- “Labour market assimilation of foreign workers in Italy”, with A. Venturini (2008), Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Vol. 24 n.3, 2008, pp. 518-542
- “Labour market effects of immigration into Italy: An empirical analysis”, with A. Venturini (2006), International Labour Review, Vol. 145, 2006, No. 1-2
Whole-COMM. Exploring the Integration of Post-2014 Migrants in Small and Medium-sized Towns and Rural Areas from a Whole of Community Perspective